How to play Support
Support guide for League of Legends (LoL)
The support role in League of Legends is an important role that is responsible for protecting their allies, setting up kills, and enabling their allies to succeed. In Laning phase, you play at the bottom lane together with your ADC/bot laner. Here are a few tips to help you succeed as a support:
- Protect your allies. As the support, it's your job to keep your allies alive and help them survive in fights. Use your abilities to shield, heal, or otherwise protect them as needed.
- Set up kills for your allies. Look for opportunities to use your abilities to disrupt the enemy team and set up kills for your allies. This could involve stunning the enemy, disrupting their positioning, or otherwise making it easier for your allies to get kills.
- Ward the map. Wards are an important tool that allow you to see enemy movements and protect your team from ambushes. As the support, it's your job to make sure the map is warded and your team has vision.
- Follow up on your allies' engages. When your allies initiate a fight, it's important to follow up and support them with your abilities. This could involve healing them, stunning the enemy, or otherwise helping to turn the fight in your team's favor.
- Communicate with your allies. Good communication is key to success in League of Legends. Make sure to communicate with your allies about your plans, what you need from them, and any potential threats you see on the map.
- Practice, practice, practice. The best way to get better at League of Legends is to play the game as much as possible and try out different champions and playstyles. The more you play, the better you'll get.
What champions are played at Support?
There are many champions that can be played as a support in League of Legends. Some popular choices include:
- Alistar - Alistar is a tanky support with strong crowd control abilities and the ability to knock up and headbutt enemies.
- Bard - Bard is a support with strong utility and the ability to stun enemies and create portals for his allies to travel through.
- Blitzcrank - Blitzcrank is a support with strong crowd control and the ability to grab and pull enemies towards him.
- Braum - Braum is a tanky support with strong crowd control and the ability to block incoming attacks with his shield.
- Janna - Janna is a support with strong utility and the ability to protect her allies with her shield and knock enemies away with her tornado.
- Leona - Leona is a tanky support with strong crowd control and the ability to stun and root enemies.
- Lulu - Lulu is a support with strong utility and the ability to shield and buff her allies, as well as polymorph enemies to disable them.
- Nami - Nami is a support with strong healing and the ability to stun and slow enemies.
- Thresh - Thresh is a support with strong crowd control and the ability to hook and pull enemies towards him.
These are just a few examples, but there are many other champions that can be played as a support. It's important to try out different champions and playstyles to find what works best for you.